Marking their second association with Scuderia AlphaTauri Racing Team, Casio is rolling out three limited edition EDIFICE high-performance metal chronographs in India and globally – the EQB-1000AT, ECB-10AT and EFS-S590. Made with 6K carbon, these watches have been designed with the Formula One™ team Scuderia AlphaTauri, whose driver Pierre Gasly took the checkered flag in last September’s Italian Grand Prix.
The team’s passion for speed and smart technologies are a great match for the EDIFICE brand concept of “Speed and Intelligence.” Casio has been an official partner since 2016, when the team name was Scuderia Toro Rosso.
The dial and bezel of the EQB-1000AT, the dial of the ECB-10AT, and the inner ring around the dial of the EFS-S590AT are made of 6K carbon, a material woven from bundles of 6,000 carbon fibers also used in racing car wings and floors. The EQB-1000AT, ECB-10AT and EFS-S590 are the first EDIFICE models to incorporate such high-grade carbon fiber material. Keeping up with the youthful and vibrant spirit of the team, that navy-blue color sets the overall tone with their logo engraved on the dials, case backs, and band loops.
All three models feature robust sapphire crystals, so no worries about breakage. The EQB-1000AT and ECB-10AT automatically calibrate the time when paired with a smartphone using the dedicated app, delivering the precision busy team members need. The app also allows users to set world time quickly from a preset selection of about 300 cities — ideal for world travellers like the team members.
Based on the original slim-profile EQB-1000 chronograph with Tough Solar power system, this new watch also allows you to set the time on the main display and inset-dial display to any two cities via the app. It comes with that durable Cordura™ fabric band which can withstands even the toughest conditions.
Based on the original ECB-10 with Schedule Timer function, which syncs with a smartphone’s calendar app to display schedule start and end times on the LCD and provide audible alerts, this new watch also pairs with a smartphone to set the watch to local time automatically as you travel.
ECB-10ATBased on the original ECB-10 with Schedule Timer function, which syncs with a smartphone’s calendar app to display schedule start and end times on the LCD and provide audible alerts, this new watch also pairs with a smartphone to set the watch to local time automatically as you travel.
EFS-S590ATBased on the original 9.9mm slim, comfortable-fit, solar-powered EFS-S590, this new EDIFICE also features a sporty rotating inner ring that shows the time remaining before the user’s next scheduled event.
The Scuderia AlphaTauri limited edition watches :
- Carbon fiber dial
- Sapphire crystal with glare-resistant coating
- 100-meter water resistance
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel
- Cloth Band
- Tough Solar (Solar powered): CASIO’s original solar-charging system converts not only sunlight but also light from fluorescent lamps and other sources into power.
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- Dual time (Home city time swapping)
- 1-second stopwatch
- Others: Flyback, direct timing start from the timekeeping mode, last lap indicator
- Daily alarm
- Power Saving (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date & Day display
- Approx. battery operating time: 5 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 19 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 49.9 X 45.7 X 9.8 mm