The sleek geometry and high-tech ceramic case construction of the Rado Ceramica from 1990 established the brand’s prowess in distinctive shapes and modern materials. The modern iterations of this aesthetic highlighted in the True Rado Square result in timepieces that showcase a modern flair on the iconic shape and material amalgam. The design-led nuances of this watch take on an all-new dimension of aesthetic as well as material mastery with the introduction of the True Square Skeleton.
The latest iotations in the True Rado Square collection launched as the True Square Skeleton emphasizes Rado’s contemporary status not only as a master watchmaker of unconventional materials but also of style. For Rado, the square shape is reminiscent of a hip-icon and a unique take on ergonomic yet voguish styling which carves a dominant wrist presence.
A Timepiece with Extravagant Aesthetics and Visible Mechanical Mastery
The unimpeded view of the mechanics with intricate detailing all across serves as a pleasurable delight for the wearer as the True Square Skeleton radiates pure mechanical excellence in all its glory. Nestled within a glorious highly polished ceramic case construction, the timepiece expresses Rado’s pioneering mastery in innovation and application for this lightweight scratch-resistant material.
The high-tech monobloc construction allows the expansive array of watch components to be directly built into the ceramic case, thus making way for an extended scope of creative nuances. This timepiece further improves on the hallmarks of the True Square series of which the True Square and True Square Open Heart timepieces garner intense affection among enthusiasts.
The Shape of Things to Come – Exploring the Timepieces from Up Close
Offered in a trio of colorways, the True Square Skeleton watches are cast in the brand’s signature black, plasma, and white monobloc high-tech ceramic. The latest collection features a split-level dial design, with a top plate that has been cut away to reveal captivating views of the R808 automatic movement’s precise skeletonization.
In the black and plasma versions, the anthracite coating of the minute wheel bridge and main plate perfectly complements the nickel hues of the bottom dial plate and its exquisite Côtes de Genève decoration.
Similarly, in the white version, the gold-colored center wheel bridge commands attention and beckons the observer to discover the intricate beauty of the R808 automatic mechanism housed within.
An Extravagant Yet Minimalistic Design in An Overall Ergonomic Package
In the black model, the hands and indexes are coated in a rose gold hue, while in the plasma version, they are silver, and in the white version, they have a yellow-gold tint. All three versions feature a flat sapphire crystal protecting the dial from elements, with dual-face anti-reflective coating.
Additionally, a sapphire crystal has been set into the sandblasted titanium case back to provide backstage glimpses of Rado’s new R808 automatic caliber. The R808 boasts an antimagnetic Nivachron™ hairspring, which enhances the watch’s shock resistance, temperature stability, and magnetic field protection. It also has an 80-hour power reserve. The watch has undergone testing in five different positions to ensure its accuracy.
Rado True Square Skeleton’s Most Distinctive Feature – An Interrupted View of The Movement
The True Square Skeleton is overall characterized by its iconic shape and an open-worked skeletonized dial. The minimalist aesthetic closely associated with Rado is elevated with a stunning example of the “Art of Skeletonisation.”
The dial is segmented into three sections by parallel horizontal lines, emphasizing geometric patterns and key movement components. The top section draws attention to the beating heart of the watch – the balance and its Nivachron™ hairspring. The central section showcases the hands, minute wheel bridge, and movement jewels, while the bottom section unveils the barrel linked with the power reserve.
The monobloc high-tech ceramic cases of the black, plasma, and white versions are accompanied by high-tech ceramic link bracelets in matching hues, providing exceptional comfort, lightness, and beauty.
Ref. R27126012 – Ref. R27125152 – Ref. R27124162
- Rado calibre R808, automatic, 25 jewels, 3 hands, 80-hour power reserve, antimagnetic Nivachron™ hairspring, exceeds standard test requirements from 3 to 5 positions for higher accuracy
- R27126012 Dial side with nickel-coloured horizontal Côtes de Genève decoration, yellow-gold-coloured centre wheel bridge, nickel-coloured back side
- R27125152/ Dial side with horizontal Côtes de Genève decoration and anthracite coating, nickel-coloured
- R27124162 back side
- Polished white / plasma / black high-tech ceramic case and crown, monobloc construction
- R27125152 Sandblasted titanium case back with sapphire crystal
- R27126012 Sandblasted titanium case back with sapphire crystal
- R27124162 Black PVD sandblasted titanium case back with sapphire crystal
- Flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both faces
- Water-resistant to 5 bar (50m)
- Two level dial
- Top plate skeletonised
- White / black vertical brushed background
- Yellow-gold / silver / rose-gold coloured indexes with white Super-LumiNova®
- Dark grey / white printed minute track
- Yellow-gold / silver / rose-gold coloured moving anchor symbol on white / black background
- Yellow-gold-coloured / white / rose-gold coloured printed Rado and Automatic logos
- R27126012 Bottom plate decorated in continuity with the movement, white colour
- R27125152 Bottom plate decorated in continuity with the movement
- R27124162 Bottom plate decorated in continuity with the movement
- Yellow-gold-coloured with white veneer / silver / rose-gold coloured with white Super-LumiNova®
- Yellow-gold / silver / rose-gold coloured second hand
- White / plasma / black polished high-tech ceramic
- Titanium 3-fold clasp
- 38.0 x 44.2 x 9.7 (WxLxH in mm)