The Oscars of watchmaking is coming to Delhi, India, hosted by none other than Ethos Watch Boutiques. Over the upcoming weekend, Indian watch aficionados and hobbyist will have the opportunity to witness some exceptional craftsmanship of the spectacular nominees of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève 2022.
What is GPHG?
Launched in 2001, the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) is a foundation that recognises and rewards some of the most remarkable contemporary creations whilst promoting the art of watchmaking globally. The GPHG notably plays this unifying promotional role by staging an annual competition involving several hundreds of watches marketed during the year and attributing the highest awards in this domain. In doing so, it contributes to enhancing the traditions, skills and values of Swiss – and indeed universal – watchmaking culture.
Since 2020, the GPHG has amplified its field of promotion and action with the creation of an Academy inviting experienced members of the watch fraternity including our founder Karishma Karer, who believe in the common destiny of watchmaking to take part in the various stages of watch selection.
While the awards are held in November each year, each autumn, in the run-up to the annual awards ceremony, the GPHG organises a travelling exhibition stopping off in the world’s major cities presenting the nominated watches and this year India is on their agenda. From collector group sessions to interesting panel discussion, Ethos has surely orchestrated a power packed weekend in the Capital commencing with a dinner reception at the Embassy of Switzerland hosted by the Ambassador of Switzerland to India and Bhutan, Mr. Rolf Heckner, Mr. Yashovardhan Saboo, Founder and Chairman of Ethos Limited and Raymond Loretan, President of Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève – GPHG.
THE PANEL DISCUSSIONS
SAT, OCT 8, 2022
16:00 to 16:30 – In conversation: The world of watches — the state of affairs with
- Yasho Saboo, Founder and Chairman of Ethos Limited
- Raymond Loretan, President of Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève – GPHG
16:30 to 17:10 – Growth and future of the Indian market for high-end watches
- Coordinated by Arvind Singhal
- Yasho Saboo
- Patrik Hoffmann, Co-owner at Patrik Hoffmann & Cie, and EVP of WatchBox, Switzerland
- Pushpa Bector, Executive Director of DLF Retail
- Jeffrey Hang, Regional Managing Director of Bulgari – South Asia Pacific
17:20 to 18:00 – Watch collecting—what collectors love and why
- Coordinated by Pranav Saboo, CEO of Ethos Limited
- Audrey Raffy, VP & General Counsel at the house of Bovet
- Aurel Bacs, Senior Consultant and Founder of Phillips’s Bacs & Russo International Watch Department.
- Gaurav Tandon, Amaze Consulting Services, New Delhi.
- Tushar Kumar, MB & CEO of Silver Arrows – Mercedes-Benz
- Kairav Engineer, VP, Business Development at Astral Limited.
18:10 to 18:50 – Independent watchmakers and their contribution to watchmaking patrimony
- Coordinated by Manuel Emch, Advisor or Board Member to many companies in the watchmaking and luxury industry
- Aurel Bacs
- Nicholas Hofmann, International Sales Director at H. Moser & Cie
- Raymond Loretan
- Nitin Sarin, Managing Partner at Sarin & Co
- Jean Marie Schaller, Founder and CEO of Louis Moinet SA
SUN, OCT 9, 2022
16:00 to 16:40 – Responsible luxury and sustainability: response of the watch business
- Coordinated by Patrik Hoffmann
- Raymond Loretan
- Suparna Mitra, CEO at the Watches and Wearables Division of Titan Company Limited
- Jan Edocs, CEO of Doxa Watches
- Mohit Hemdev, Country Manager in India for Officine Panerai
17:00 to 17:30 – Future of personalisation in high-end watchmaking
- Coordinated by Pranav Saboo
- Manuel Emch
- Bertrand Savary, CEO of Arnold & Son
- Emanuel Bitton, Regional Market Director for Armin Strom
- Anand Ahuja, Fashion Entrepreneur in India
Listed below is a glimpse of what you can expect to see at the GPHG exhibition that will take place on the 8th and 9th of October at the Leela Palace, New Delhi, India.
Calendar And Astronomy
The 2022 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) awards ceremony will take place on Thursday, 10 November, at The Theatre du Léman in Geneva. Until then, we suggest you mark your calendars for this weekend.
- By invite only. Not open to the general public